Basic Form # 1
How To Tie Your Belt
TENETS OF TAE KWON DO
Polite behavior towards others, always show respect to others, using proper manner as well as maintaining the appropriate etiquette at all times, both within and outside the dojang.
Choosing to do what is right even when nobody else know. Having the courage to stand up for what's right when you see injustice. Not allowing someone to pressure you into doing what you know to be wrong.
The determination to try time and time again until you have achieved the result you have been trying for. Not giving up, even when the task before you may seem to difficult.
Control over one's body and mind so that every action and decision is intentional and planned. Maintaining control over your actions even when you feel you have been wronged.
Standing up for what you believe in, no matter how big the odds are against you. Giving 100% to what you know is right and honourable, never accepting defeat.
RULES of the DOJANG
1. Do not be late for class.
2. Before entering the dojang, neatly place your foot wear against the wall outside of the dojang
3. Always take a water bottle with you to class
4. Bow when entering and leaving the dojang
5. Bow to black belts as they enter and leave the dojang.
6. Ask permission from the instructor to leave the dojang.
7. Stand at attention when speaking to a black belt.
8. Always have uniform clean and free of wrinkles.
9. Always have your mouth and groin protectors in class.
10. Make instructors aware of any injuries or sickness before class.
11. Always address the instructors with the appropriate titles
12. ALWAYS listen to the instructor(s) when he or she is speaking
13. Be respectful to senior ranks.
14. Be courteous to junior ranks.
There will be no horsing around in class. Rules MUST be followed at all times to ensure a safe training environment for our students.